Dear Angels,
Welcome back to a little corner of my world ♡.
Today was super fun and busy! On Tuesdays, I volunteer at my local hospital and today I was working in the nursing units where I had to check on different patients. Before every check, I ask the front desk which rooms I have to watch out for- there have been criminals or people with contagious diseases. The patients are always sweet and respectful- at least the patients I've checked on are- but if they're ever rude, I'm always respectful. It's common courtesy and they're in a hospital so they're probably not feeling super happy :(. Like I said before in my About Me, I am in the process of becoming a pediatrician. Volunteering in a hospital is a great way to get experience in the medical field and also know which parts you may be interested in. In my hospital, volunteers are all over the place, nursing units, stocking, lab, admin, etc. What may be your favorite part might be a great career path for you, I highly recommend volunteering at a hospital!
I get off in the afternoon so once I get off I eat lunch and doomscroll (it's a bad habit ik:( ). Today I haven't gotten much studying done, I'm a very lazy person and I'm not sure how to study- I have 9 younger siblings and 3 older- in a house full of distractions. I'm trying to work on my discipline even though I'm so bad at it. If anyone has any studying and locking in tips, feel free to share in the comments or side chat! I am in desperate need; if I can't focus now, I won't be able to later on.
This is a short post so after I finish up, I will study as much as I can. My deadline is November, meaning I have to lock in because I have less than 4 months. A good way I study- on rare occasions- is using the Pomodoro Method. It's great for those who have a low attention span, AKA me, and are trying to get as much done. It's helped me a lot recently, you can always "just five more minutes and I'll finish" or ten or 20 and you will eventually be able to study for hours. Me on the other hand, I haven't gotten there yet but it's a learning process that requires effort and willpower. We can do this guys!
Stay curious!
xoxo,
Mariana
Wow! I never knew you could volunteer at a hospital ( ˶°ㅁ°) !!
ReplyDeleteyess you should ask around local hospitals and see if you’d like it!
Delete